top of page
For the production of lactose free and reduced lactose content milk, dairy products, and foods
Lactose has limited solubility and crystallization is a problem in ice cream, sweetened condensed milk dulce de leche, and other dairy products. The lactose crystals impart an objectionable sharp and gritty mouth feel termed sandiness.
LactoDigest Yeast Lactase
· Selectively and efficiently breaks down lactose to galactose and glucose.
· Lactose hydrolysis increases sweetness and depresses the freezing point.
· Lactose hydrolysis prevents lactose crystallization.
· Is stable and efficient over pH range common to milk and dairy (pH 5.25-6.75).
· Highly purified
· Provide excellent color and flavor stability.
bottom of page